Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My first Guest Blogger! - "What is the desire of your heart?"

I'm so excited that my first guest blogger to speak about her "child by faith" is my own dear cousin! Thank you so much for sharing your story with us and encouraging us that God DOES give us the diesires of our heart! You blessed me with this story and I know it will bless others as well!     ~Sarah


As you know, DH (Dear Hubby) and I tried for seven years before we were blessed with our DD (Dear Daughter). I have been diagnosed with PCOS and know the pain of wondering if this was the month that God would bless me with his promise.

When DH and I bought our new house we were about six years into it. At that time my BFF was at an Aglow conference with her mother and they called on their way home and asked if they could stop by and bless our new home. One of the ladies had been praying specifically for my DH to come back to God, renew his commitment to Christ and knew that it would take the desire of his heart.

So, she specifically said to him..."What is the desire of your heart?" He said, "I want us to have a child of our own." That led this wonderful woman of God to pray for a healing for me. "By his stripes, we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

Six weeks later, my OBGYN who had been working with us on fertility work for years, did a blood test. Did I mention that I had taken two preg. tests and they were positive?

We were six weeks preg. according to our ultrasound. A true gift from God.

It can happen. The discouragement is real. God's timing and my own were quite different. We had decided two weeks before I found out I was preg. that we were finished trying. The fertility drugs were hard on me and I had already been through six cycles of meds. DH and I couldn't take it. When we got together, he wanted 12. I wanted 9.

Well, we have.... and may always have.... one beautiful daughter!!

And we couldn't have known through that process how it would feel on the opposite side. I actually freaked out so bad the day I found out I was preg. that I skipped the eighth grade graduation ceremony of the class that had dedicated the yearbook to me. I was a mess!!

Accept your healing, walk in faith, take those prenatal vitamins and folic acid always.

That way, when you DO find out, like I did that your miracle has arrived... you won't wonder if you were doing the best you could.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! :)