I know many of you are wondering when I will be re-opening my Etsy shop Sarahsewta. Well don't worry, I am anxious to get the shop going again and hope to do so within the month. In the meantime the Lord has put on my heart to start a new project. Well not necessarily a new project, just an upgrade to an old project. I know many of my friends are going to be saying, "Sarah really? Another project? Don't you have a hard enough time keeping up with what you are already doing?" LOL Yes I thought the same thing, that is why my shop is currently closed. But a few months ago I stopped and re-evaluated some things and here is what I found:
1. I love to sew, but I don't want it to be the only thing I do.
2. I need to give more time to family and friends, and less time to the computer.
3. My shop is really hurting all my other ministries. Infact I have no time for anything else when I run the shop full time. (Thank you all to my wonderful fans who bless me with so much work!)
4. I am exhausted all the time and only want to sleep when I am not sewing.
5. Facebook and emails can be very stressfull and overwhelming and I needed a break.
6. I am not business minded enough to run this shop properly, I always give my profit's away! LOL
7. I want my sewing business to stay a hobby, and not be a burden or "work". If this cannot be achieved I don't want to do it.
8. I have such an incredible testimony that I have an obligation to share it with others, this needs to be a priority.
9. I want to be obedient to God and open to his leading, and when I get too busy I am too tired to listen.
10. If I invest as much time and energy proclaiming the gospel as I have with this shop, imagine where I would be right now.
I'm sure the list goes on and on but you get the idea. My priorities were way out of line. I allowed a hobby to overtake my life and become a burden. I became too tired to listen to God or to be of any worth to my friends. So I need to find a balance. One where I can still enjoy sewing, have time to minister, and most important have time to listen to God and his leading in my life. Many people would be scared to lose part of their income just because it interfered with their priorities. But let me assure you, being in God's will is not an option in my life. It is a MUST! And I don't care what the cost to get there. The minute I know something is hindering me from being what God want's me to be, I STOP! My first and foremost priority is to follow the leading of God. And I can't be afraid to change directions as my relationship with him evolves. The new path may seem unfamiliar and scarry, but if God is taking me there I know he will be with me and I have nothing to fear.
So my question for you today is, what do your priorities look like? Are you on the right path for your life, or have you become sidetracked? Sit down and evaluate where you are in life and if you are on the right road. If you are that's great! Keep going! If not STOP and make those changes. Life is way to short to look back with regrets!
Oh and you may be wondering what my new project is .... well I will be letting you know soon! :)
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Psalms 18:30 "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him"
Psalms 34:22 "The Lord redeemeth the soul of his servants; and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate"
Psalms 37:5 "Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him, and he shall bring it to pass"
|12 years after my death sentance I still trust in my Lord!|
Posted by Sarah Winson at 8:08 AM