Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Prayer buddies!

This has been an awful week. Infact it is by far the worst week I've had all winter! First off I've been very sick with a bad cough. Thankfully the fever only lasted a few days, but this cough just doesn't want to go away. Secondly I am having the worst period I've had in over a year. Are the two related, who really knows. On a good month I might be a little bummed because of course this is the last thing I want to happen. But where I started out a little down, I seemed to slip down that slippery slope very quickly. My husband will tell you I have been unbearably cranky and moody!! In constant pain and very irritable. I can't seem to focus on anything for more then 5 minutes and I ask the same questions over and over without processing any answer or response. Remember my last post The Winter Blues! Yea I know ... Oh and I almost forgot, someone who thought they were giving me a "word from God" said to me that I don't have my baby yet because I'm not trusting God. Thank you for that! Why do people say mean rude things and try to pass it off as God's word? I HATE THAT!!! If you really thought I was doubting then you would have gotten further by saying "keep trusting in God! He cannot fail!" But no people tell you what they think you are doing wrong, not encourage you to do right. YES there is a difference!!!



Group Hug II (Limited Edition)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/barkingbirdart
  So anyway I thought this would be the perfect time to write a post. Everything's not going great! I don't "feel" great! I don't even feel good! But I know God is Good! And that's all that really matters. Usually I am the encourager. I try to stay positive and upbeat, always ready with an encouraging word. But this week I just couldn't seem to keep myself above water. Yea I prayed, read my bible even fasted. Still after the second day of frustration and tears I decided it was time to bring in the reinforcements! I called my prayer buddies. A group of women who I know will pray for me at the drop of a hat. A non judgemental zone where I can go and be honest and real without fear of being laughed at, mocked or rebuked for "not being spiritual enough." Within minutes I started to feel the pressure break and peace come in. Several calls, emails and prayers throughout the day made me feel stronger then I have in weeks. Although I do not "feel" great in body, I know all is well with my soul! I thank God for these GREAT Godly women he has put in my life that know how to nurture and love their own, and not kill and destroy like I have sadly seen in so many churches.

One friend even told me that God showed her the spiritual attack my husband and I have been under and she really began to weep and pray for us. Our baby IS on the way! God HAS NOT failed me! I AM NOT doubting!! And yes I have forgiven those that have wronged me. Sometimes people don't realize how bad their words hurt!

So I leave you with these thoughts! Things don't have to go great for God to be great! I don't have to fight my battles alone! Choose wisely what words you use! Love unconditionally without judging, after all you want mercy for yourself! Give someone a hug just because! Praise God through the storm for the sun will shine in the morning! Keep enduring, for you may not see your answer now but that doesn't mean it's not on the way! Believe that all things are possible!

Love you all! And a special thank you to my prayer buddies!

3 comments:

Mommy of L, G and C said...

I really needed those words of encouragement right now. That last paragraph really spoke to my heart. I, too, have been really down recently. I was just telling my husband, right now it's a minute by minute decision to say, "I choose to trust. I choose to trust." I don't feel it all the time (haha... they are feelings. They change, but thankfully the Lord does not), but God is in control. So thank you for listening to the Lord's leading and posting this. I really think He spoke through you to me today. Still praying for you!!

Anonymous said...

we are very blessed that we have a group of God fearing women that will stand and pray for us...keep holding on joy comes in the morning...we wil over come...much love

Unknown said...

*hugs* I am so sorry for your trials and what you continue to go though. You have great faith and you are strong regardless what anyone says. I am always praying for you and a little one to join your home. Stay strong.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! :)