Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The situation was hopeless ... BUT GOD!

Several years ago I was very sick and on my death bed. (You can read my story HERE) Everything looked IMPOSSIBLE! I was in SO MUCH PAIN that my body constantly shook. No matter how much medication I was given, even while I was passed out, I shook with pain! I was so sick I didn't care who was around me or what they were doing. I didn't watch tv. I didn't read books. I just laid there in agony praying for mercy, praying to die! The doctor's said it was hopeless, there was nothing they could do, my body was failing! They gave me ALL the morphine I wanted, trying to make me as comfortable as possible until my transition to the next life. We called in our Pastor at the time. He said the death angel was there and left weeping, never saying a prayer of faith. The diagnosis was given. I was going to die. Doctor's had spoken it. Pastor's had spoken it. We had accepted it. I had prayed for it.
THE SITUATION WAS HOPELESS!

BUT GOD! hahaha I love it when God says BUT! The situation was hopeless but God said "I will have the final say!" HALLELUJIAH THANK YOU JESUS! God came on the scene and changed those circumstances. He loves impossible situations to show his power to his people! I did not die! The "death angel" did not come and carry me away! My diagnosis was still there, but God changed the outcome!

Are you facing a situation that seems impossible? You've done everything you can to change things, but it still feels hopeless? Well I encourage you today to stop looking at the circumstances and trust in God. I know it feels scary to hope. You put all your feelings and emotions out there and are vulnerable. The "what if's" threaten to consume you. What if God doesn't do it? What if I don't have enough faith? What if it is still God's will for the answer to be no? What if I'm not strong enough? The list goes on and on. But you will `never truely know how BIG God can be in your life if you don't put him to the test. If you always accept circumstances as they are HE is not given the opportunity to show you how much he loves you. I will not lie to you, sometimes his answer is still no. But when you put your trust and faith completely in him, he gives you peace to accept what his will is. And I promise you that you will not be disappointed in HIM! Give faith a try! Put God to the test! And see what he will do in your life! Don't be afraid of the outcome, but TRUST IN HIM!

Psalms 18:30 "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him"

Psalms 34:22 "The Lord redeemeth the soul of his servants; and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate"

Psalms 37:5  "Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him, and he shall bring it to pass"


12 years after my death sentance I still trust in my Lord!



~Sarah




1 comments:

Shannon said...

I love the line that says

But you will `never truely know how BIG God can be in your life if you don't put him to the test.

That's so true! So many people are afraid, I think to find out just how BIG He is.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! :)